The Illinois State Police have released emergency rules regarding the expiration of FOID cards and Concealed Carry Licenses. The full text can be found below.
FOID Card and CCL expiration dates have been extended until 12 months following the end of the disaster, provided you have submitted your renewal application.
Following the rule change, we will be accepting expired FOID Cards for firearm and ammo purchases.
If you would like to make a purchase and your FOID has expired, you will need:
- A current Illinois State ID or Drivers License (with your current address).
- Your expired FOID card.
- A printout from the Illinois State Police website showing your name, address, and current FOID status.
The printout should look similar to this example:
We can help you access your ISP account and print out a copy using one of our computers.
- FOID card holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration.
- CCL licensees, who submit their renewal application, will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following its termination, even if their CCL renewal application was not submitted prior to expiration.
- CCL licensees will not be required to immediately submit proof of three-hour training with their CCL renewal application.
- CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state’s disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL license.