1-on-1 Pistol Instruction
August 25 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm$125
Individualized lessons for 1st time or “newer” handgun shooters who are looking for private “1-ON-1” instruction. This class will help you acquire a foundation of knowledge, skills, and confidence.
This class covers training with pistols or revolvers in these calibers: .22 WMR, 22 LR, 5.7x22mm, 380 ACP, 9MM, 38 SPL, .357 MAG, .40 S&W and .45 ACP/AUTO.
Students may bring their own handgun to class. The handgun must be unloaded and in a case upon arrival.
Students may purchase 50 additional rounds of ammo in a handgun caliber for 10% off prior to the class start time. This ammo will be used for the second portion of the range instruction.
This discount is only good the day of class, please bring a copy of your class email to the ammo counter.
Please call the store at 847-428-4867 if you would like to schedule a class for a different time or to schedule a class with two students ($125 per student). Our instructors have flexible schedules.
Private Classroom Instruction Topics (Approximately 45 Minutes):
- Basic operation & parts of a pistol (cleaning discussion included)
- Loading, unloading, and storage
- The Basics – grip, aiming, stance, breathing, trigger control, and follow-through.
- Firearm Safety and proper gun etiquette
- Questions and open discussion
Range Instruction (Approximately 45 Minutes):
- We will begin with the fundamentals using a .22 LR Taurus TX to build skill and confidence. Once the student is comfortable with this portion they may choose to move on to the caliber of their personal or future firearm.
- If a student is trying to decide which handgun they would like to purchase, one rental from the GAT Guns Rental Wall may be used during the class.
- Classroom instruction and range time
- A Taurus TX22 semi-automatic pistol to use
- 50 Rounds of .22 LR Ammunition
- (Optional) 1 range rental (if needed)
- Eye and Ear Protection (we have this available to rent for a small fee)
- (Optional) A personal handgun
- (Optional) 50 additional rounds of ammo
CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING WILL BE BASED ON NOTICE GIVEN AND MAY INCUR A FEE
|Intro To Handguns||Women’s Introduction to Handguns||Handgun: Phase II||Skill Builder||Basic Practical Shotgun||Youth Handgun Safety||Next Step Youth Class||Adult Handgun Safety||NRA Basic Pistol||NRA Basic Rifle||Private Pistol Training||Next Step Concealed Carry||Practical Holster||Holster Practice||Defensive Pistol||Defensive Rifle||Shotgun & Rifle Sight In||HIDDEN Intro to Magnified Optics||Women's CCW Shooting Clinic||Introduction To Action Pistol Competition||Chaotic Pistol||Long Range Rifle||Advanced Rifle Shooting||College Safety||Emergency Self Aid||Active Shooter Family Response||Pepper Spray Defense||In-Home Defense||Illinois Concealed Carry 1||Illinois Concealed Carry 2||Illinois Concealed Carry Renewal||Utah/Florida/Arizona||NRA Pistol Instructor||NRA Rifle Instructor||NRA Range Safety Officer||NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor||Advanced Pistol Sign Up||AR-15 Build Class||Introduction to AR-15||Intro to Pistol||Intro to Rifle||Intro to Shotgun|
|16||16||11||11||8||10||10||Adult Handgun Safety||11||6||PrivatePistolTraining||8||8||11||8||8||10||20||8||10||8||12||AdvancedRifleShooting||CollegeSafety||EmergencySelfAid||20||PepperSprayDefense||InHomeDefense||33||33||22||22||12||12||11||25||12||10||16||12||12||12|