- This event has passed.
Basic Practical Shotgun
January 27 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$150.00
Many believe the shotgun is the prime home defense weapon, yet most newer shotgun owners will never get the opportunity to operate their guns in a safe, controlled environment with any sort of practical, efficient type of shooting.
This class is designed to give the home-defense shotgun owner a chance to work out with their gun shooting live-fire drills on the range, stressing safety, loading, reloading, and firing at multiple targets with live ammunition.
We will start in the classroom looking at safety, gun handling, and loading and firing techniques, then head to the range for live fire drills. Reactive steel targets will be used.
8 Seats, 4 Hours, 9am – 1pm, Please arrive at 8:45am, $150
- Classroom Instruction
- Range Time
- Eye and ear protection if needed
- A shotgun in any gauge
- Two boxes (50 rounds) of birdshot-type ammunition: shot size #7 ½ or smaller.
- Eye and ear protection. These can be provided if needed.
- The gun must be unloaded and in a case upon arrival. We will check you in as you arrive.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Bill Zeller has had years of firearm experience with and extensive list of credentials. He’ll help you develop your skills whether you’ve never handled a gun before or are looking to push yourself to the next level.
- NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
- NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
- Illinois Approved Concealed Carry Instructor
- National Range Officer Institute Certified
Chief Range Officer
- USPSA program director at North Porter
County CC in Chesterton, IN 2006-2017
- USPSA program director at Oak Park
Sportsmens Club in Plainfield, IL 2011-2016
- IDPA Match Director at Excel IDPA and NPCCC
CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING WILL BE BASED ON NOTICE GIVEN AND MAY INCUR A FEE
**Please Note: Our contracted instructor will only run this course with a minimum of 5 registrants. **