INTRO TO LONG RANGE RIFLE
Are you looking for a rifle to shoot at distances longer than 100 Yards? Wondering if your current rifle or scope is sufficient? Curious about the ammunition you are using? This class will provide you with the information you will need to prepare yourself to shoot accurately at longer distances. After completing this class, you will have developed a good foundation and are prepared to take our Long Range Rifle classes to be offered in the Summer of 2022.
Long range shooting is more than just ballistic solvers and bullet drop calculations. Accurately shooting at long ranges requires a combination of a good rifle set-up, good ammunition, a stable shooting platform, and good shooter fundamentals. In this class we will cover the following:
- Characteristics of a Long Range Rifle
- The basics of Rifle Scopes
- Ammunition Selection
- Building a Shooting Platform
- Shooting from a Bench
- Shooting Prone
- Taking the Shot
We will be demonstrating both benchrest and prone positions in the class. If you have any questions about your current rifle, feel free to bring it to class unloaded with no ammunition present.
3 Hours, 1pm – 4pm, Please arrive at, $80
- Classroom Instruction
Optional: You may bring your rifle to be looked at by the instructor.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING WILL BE BASED ON NOTICE GIVEN AND MAY INCUR A FEE
Intro to Long Range Rifle – $80.00
- Store Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Note: The Ranges Close 1/2 Hour Before The Store Closes
- New Years Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- New Years Day - 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Easter - CLOSED
- Memorial Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 4th of July - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Labor Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thanksgiving - CLOSED
- Christmas Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Christmas Day - CLOSED
GAT Guns accepts Credit Cards. We offer a cash discount on firearms.