A Squib may occur when a manufacturing defect causes a round to be loaded with an insufficient amount of powder, or no power charge at all. When fired, the bullet may not have enough energy to leave the barrel causing an obstruction. The next round fired may cause significant damage to the firearm.
If you suspect that you have had a Squib Load, STOP SHOOTING IMMEDIATELY. The next round could produce an explosion if the bullet has obstructed the barrel. Field strip the firearm and check the barrel for obstructions. If the barrel is obstructed, use a wooden or brass dowel rod to remove the obstruction. Once the barrel is clear of obstructions you can reassemble and continue putting rounds downrange.
This Sunday, May 10th, bring Mom in and she can shoot for free on your lane.
Then, head upstairs for 20% off Ladies’ Apparel and 50% off Concealed Carry Purses.
The Illinois State Police have released emergency rules regarding the expiration of FOID cards and Concealed Carry Licenses. The full text can be found below.
FOID Card and CCL expiration dates have been extended until 12 months following the end of the disaster, provided you have submitted your renewal application.
Following the rule change, we will be accepting expired FOID Cards for firearm and ammo purchases.
If you would like to make a purchase and your FOID has expired, you will need:
- A current Illinois State ID or Drivers License (with your current address).
- Your expired FOID card.
- A printout from the Illinois State Police website showing your name, address, and current FOID status.
The printout should look similar to this example:
We can help you access your ISP account and print out a copy using one of our computers.
- FOID card holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration.
- CCL licensees, who submit their renewal application, will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following its termination, even if their CCL renewal application was not submitted prior to expiration.
- CCL licensees will not be required to immediately submit proof of three-hour training with their CCL renewal application.
- CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state’s disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL license.
Don’t miss Couple’s Night Out at GAT Guns
Couples can enjoy a night on our range, with no charge to use our rental guns after 3:00 pm. Both shooters must be 21 or older and have a valid FOID card.
Anyone who signs up to receive our Email Newsletters has the chance to win one of two $25 Gifts! Winners will be selected at random from anyone who registers this quarter.
If you are already signed up for our email list, you can still enter to win. Simply fill out the sign up form before March 31st.
We would like to congratulate the two winners from the last drawing: Rich from Chicago, IL and David from Machesney Park, IL.
Range fees are now $12.95 on the 25yd Pistol ranges! New Year means new pricing with no membership required! Prices on all our ranges and rentals are better than ever, so head over to GAT Guns to start off this year!
Congratulations Jeff G, winner of our 2019 Toys for Tots gun raffle!
GAT Guns in East Dundee presented Kane County Toys for Tots with a check for $14,345.00! GAT has been collecting toys and raising cash on behalf of Toys for Tots for more than fifteen years. In more than fifteen years of fundraising GAT has collected more than $100,000.00 and countless toys for the local charity!
GAT would like to thank their customers for their endless generosity and wish everyone Safe and Happy Holidays!
We will be open from 9 AM to 4 PM on Christmas Eve, with our ranges closing at 3:30 PM. We will be closed on Christmas Day and re-open on December 26th with our normal business hours: 9 AM to 9 PM. We wish you a safe and happy holiday!
Looking for the perfect gift? Our gift cards can be used on anything in our store, including guns, range time, and training!
Gift cards can be purchased in store or over the phone:
Stop by GAT Guns this holiday season for our Winchester Ammo Specials.
- New Years Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- New Years Day - 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Easter - CLOSED
- Memorial Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 4th of July - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Labor Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thanksgiving - CLOSED
- Christmas Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Christmas Day - CLOSED
GAT Guns accepts Credit Cards. We offer a cash discount on firearms.