FFL transfers are often required when shipping firearms.
We will do both outgoing and incoming FFL transfers with pre-approval. For approval, please email email@example.com with information such as the make and model of each firearm in the transfer, as well as who they are shipping from or where they are shipping to. Call 847-428-4867 for pricing & details.
We will accept incoming transfers for most new and used firearms. Pricing starts at $75/gun + $5 background check. High value or collectable firearm may incur an additional handling fee.
- We accept incoming transfers on handguns from FFL holders only.
- Incoming transfers are typically processed within 24 hours of delivery to our building.
- It is your responsibility to verify the legality of each firearm in the state of Illinois.
Notice: Due to recent law changes, handguns shipped with magazines greater than 15 rounds will be released without these magazines. Long guns shipped with magazines greater than 10 rounds will be released without these magazines. Additionally the legality of certain firearms has changed. For more information, see IL Public Act 102-1116.
You may receive notification from the shipper indicating that your transfer has arrived, however this does not mean that it is ready to be picked up. We receive a large amount of packages daily with most containing firearms. They all need to be received into our inventory in accordance with ATF requirements. Transfers will be processed in the order that they are received.
Once your transfer has been processed, you will receive a call or email from us. At that time you may come in to fill out the form 4473 and have a background check run. A dated receipt or invoice for the transfer may be sufficient to start the waiting period. Firearms will only be released with an approved background check and the 72-hour waiting period has passed.
GAT Guns is not responsible for any damaged transfers received. If we find that an item arrived damaged, we will notify you when the transfer is processed. It is the responsibility of the customer to initiate any insurance claims with the seller and/or shipping company.
We can also receive other items on your behalf, including ammunition and air guns. The handling fee for non-firearm items starts at $25.00.
We can help you ship your firearms legally. Outgoing transfers start at $75/gun + shipping & handling costs.
- We will ship firearms only to an FFL. Under no circumstances will we ship a firearm directly to an individual.
- Firearms are sent via UPS. Handguns are required to be sent 2nd Day Air. Long guns can be sent ground, or expedited at additional cost.
- Firearms can be insured by UPS to the value requested.
When you bring your firearm(s) in, please provide us with the receiving dealer’s contact information so that we can request a copy of their FFL. We must have a copy of the receiving dealer’s FFL prior to shipping. You may also have them email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of their license.
Firearms will ship with a copy of our FFL and the receiving person’s contact information. Tracking can be provided via email upon your request.
Firearms for shipping may be brought to the Write Up counter on the second floor of our store.
- Store Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Note: The Ranges Close 1/2 Hour Before The Store Closes
- New Years Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- New Years Day - 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Easter - CLOSED
- Memorial Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 4th of July - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Labor Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thanksgiving - CLOSED
- Christmas Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Christmas Day - CLOSED
GAT Guns accepts Credit Cards. We offer a cash discount on firearms.